Considerations when appointing contractors.
- Have a minimum of two contractors at each site, to avoid over reliance on one contractor and create flexibility.
- Each contractor should only be used at one site, except where a contingency plan is in operation
- Each contractor should be able to provide a reserve pool of workers to cover for industrial action at another contractor.
- Undertake a thorough due diligence exercise of contractors at the tender
- A non-dedicated workforce is preferable from a TUPE perspective, as long as this does not lead to an unacceptably low skill level amongst the workers who will be performing the service.
Preparing a written statement checklist
Checklist when preparing a written statement.
Agency Workers factsheet
Guide to employing agency workers and their rights.