Considerations when appointing contractors.
- Have a minimum of two contractors at each site, to avoid over reliance on one contractor and create flexibility.
- Each contractor should only be used at one site, except where a contingency plan is in operation
- Each contractor should be able to provide a reserve pool of workers to cover for industrial action at another contractor.
- Undertake a thorough due diligence exercise of contractors at the tender
- A non-dedicated workforce is preferable from a TUPE perspective, as long as this does not lead to an unacceptably low skill level amongst the workers who will be performing the service.
Employment agencies and businesses factsheet
Guide to employment agencies and employment businesses.
Best practice volunteers factsheet
Guide to best practice when involving volunteers.
Employing overseas nationals factsheet
Guidance on employing overseas nationals.